Traffic Management Implementation
This short course will provide learners with the knowledge and skills they need to interpret and implement traffic management plans and install/remove signs and devices in accordance with traffic guidance schemes for roadwork.
Learners will also gain knowledge and skills relating to applying risk management processes that are expected of a Traffic Management Implementer in the workforce.
This course consists of three parts, a face to face theory component, an online awareness program and practical component completed on live roads. All parts must be successfully completed to be deemed competent.
- Part 1 – Classroom Component – this part is delivered in a classroom environment over 1-day and involves a variety of learning methods including presentations, group activities, and simulated and practical exercises to practice new skills and knowledge.
- Part 2 – Working in Proximity to Traffic – Awareness Part 1 & 2. (A copy of the Working in Proximity to Traffic (WPT) (Part 1 & 2) certificates must be provided to Warp Training Australia within three (3) months of the course date as these are required prior to issuing a TMR TMI card).
- Part 2 – Practical Component – this part involves learners demonstrating their skills and knowledge developed from the classroom, by completing a minimum of three separate signage setups.
You will be required to organise with your employer to complete a minimum of three separate signage setups alongside a suitably qualified and experienced TMI. These will be of varying complexity on live job sites and you will provide evidence through the completion of a third party report. One of these must include controlling site construction vehicles. This must be completed in accordance with the MUTCD and third party evidence must be submitted to Warp Training Australia for assessment within three (3) months of the course date.
If you would like to get your site setups completed ASAP, or if you are unable to arrange your three onsite setups with your employer and require assistance, please contact Warp Training Australia or book into one of the TMI Practical – Site Setup courses via the link below for only $100.
Click here for TMI Practical – Site Setup
For more information on Traffic Management Implementation in Queensland please refer to the Transport and Main Roads Program Information and FAQs.
Upon successful completion, participants will be issued with a DTMR Traffic Management Implementation Card and nationally recognised Statement of Attainment in the following units:
- RIIWHS302E Implement traffic management plans
- RIIRIS301E Apply risk management processes
WTA also caters to companies or groups wanting to conduct a private training course, either at your suitable training venue or at our training premises.
8:00am – 4:00pm
Students are asked to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled course start time, late attendees may be rejected from the course.
Introductory Special Price $295
Enquire now for a quote and/or group booking rates or call 1300 019 304
Click here to find locations for this course
Additional locations available on request
All course participants must:
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age (Please talk to our staff if you are not yet 18)
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills to an ACSF level 2 to undertake this course, if you need more information please call Warp Training Australia.
- Provide a valid Unique student identifier (USI) [Create a USI Here]
- Hold a white card / blue card which must be obtained prior to the course.
- Should have completed Working in Proximity to Traffic – Awareness Part 1 & 2. (A copy of the Working in Proximity to Traffic (WPT) (Part 1 & 2) certificates must be provided to Warp Training Australia within three (3) months of the course date as these are required prior to issuing a TMR TMI card).
Students are required to supply their own appropriate safety clothing / Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the practical component of this course. This includes:
- Safety boots (steel caps)
- Long pants
- Hi-Vis shirt (if you do not have one WTA will lend you a Hi-Vis vest on the day)
- Safety gloves (if you do not have gloves WTA will lend you gloves on the day)
- Working in Proximity 1 & 2 Certificates of Completion
To establish your identity WTA requires that you bring:
- Photo ID
- Construction Safety Awareness (Blue / White) Card
- A valid Unique student identifier (USI)
Tea, Coffee and morning tea will be provided.
How to enrol
Click here to view our Student Handbook.
To secure your spot in any of our courses, you are required to enrol online and complete payment for the course. Once this is received you will receive an email to confirm booking.