This short course will provide learners with the knowledge and skills they need to interpret and implement traffic management plans and install/remove signs and devices in accordance with traffic guidance schemes for roadwork, ensuring traffic flow is maintained and the safety of the public and workers is maximised.
This course consists of two parts, a theory component, and practical component, both must be successfully completed to be deemed competent.
- Part 1 – Classroom Component – this part is delivered in a classroom environment over 1-day and involves a variety of learning methods including presentations, group activities, and simulated and practical exercises to practice new skills and knowledge.
- Part 2 – Practical Component – this part involves learners demonstrating their skills and knowledge developed from the classroom, by completing a minimum of three separate signage setups of varying complexity on live job sites, evidenced through the completion of a third party report. One of these must include controlling site construction vehicles. Part 2 must be completed in accordance with the MUTCD and third party evidence submitted to Warp Training Australia for assessment within three (3) months of attending Part 1 of the course.
If you are unable to arrange your three onsite setups and require assistance please contact Warp Training Australia as we may be able to arrange placement with WARP Traffic Management to complete this element. An additional fee will apply if you require WARP to coordinate your three onsite setups.
For more information on Traffic Management Implementation in Queensland please refer to the Transport and Main Roads Program Information and FAQs.
Upon successful completion, students will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment in the following units:
- RIIWHS302E Implement traffic management plans
WTA also caters to companies or groups wanting to conduct a private training course, either at your suitable training venue or at our training premises.
8:00am – 4:00pm
Students are asked to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled course start time, late attendees may be rejected from the course.
Introductory Special Price $295
Enquire now for a quote and/or group booking rates or call 1300 019 304
WTA QLD: Unit 1/23 Darnick Street, Underwood, QLD, 4119
All course participants must:
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills to an ACSF level 2 to undertake this course, if you need more information please call Warp Training Australia.
- Provide a valid Unique student identifier (USI) [Create a USI Here]
- Hold a white card / blue card which must be obtained prior to the course.
- Should have completed Working in Proximity to Traffic – Awareness Part 1 & 2. (A copy of the Working in Proximity to Traffic (WPT) (Part 1 & 2) certificates must be provided to Warp Training Australia within three (3) months of the course date as these are required prior to issuing a TMR TMI card).
Students are required to wear appropriate safety clothing to conduct the practical component of the training course. This includes:
- Safety boots (steel caps)
- Long pants
- Hi-Vis shirt (if you do not have one WTA will lend you a Hi-Vis vest on the day)
- Safety gloves (if you do not have gloves WTA will lend you gloves on the day)
- Working in Proximity 1&2 Certificates of Completion
To establish your identity WTA requires that you bring:
- Photo ID
- Construction Safety Awareness (Blue / White) Card
- A valid Unique student identifier (USI)
Tea, Coffee and morning tea will be provided.
How to enrol
To secure your spot in any of our courses, you are required to enrol online and complete payment for the course. Once this is received, your spot in the course is confirmed and you will receive a booking confirmation.