The QLD TMA course will provide participants with the skills and knowledge required to operate truck mounted attenuators (TMA’s) when carrying out traffic management in Queensland.
What to expect
Throughout the TMA Training in QLD, participants will attend a theory component and a practical component, both must be successfully completed to be deemed competent and issued certification.
You will learn how to
- Plan and prepare to operate the attenuator
- Conduct truck and attenuator pre-operational checks
- Operate communication devices
- Operate attenuator units and variable message signs
- Position traffic control signs and truck or trailer mounted attenuator
- Carry out operator maintenance (Inspection and fault finding)
- Conduct clean-up activities
Part 1 – Training Room
This part is delivered in relaxing environment and involves a variety of learning methods. Participants will learn from TMA Operators with years of real world experience who will provide guidance on how to be a good TMA operator in QLD.
You will participate in group activities, and simulated practical exercises, giving you the opportunity to practice your new skills and gain confidence in your knowledge.
Part 2 – Practical
The QLD TMA practical involves participants demonstrating their skills and knowledge developed throughout the training while operating a Truck Mounted Attenuator on a live road.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for the following unit of competency:
- Hold a valid Construction Safety Awareness Training card or equivalent (ie. White Card)
- Provide a valid Unique student identifier (USI)
- Hold a current and valid heavy vehicle licence of a suitable class to operate the TMA (i.e. a Medium Rigid licence or above).
- Hold a current Traffic Management Implementation (TMI) accreditation
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills to an ACSF level 2 to undertake this course. If you need more information, please call Warp Training Australia to discuss.
WTA QLD Office: 16 Cronulla Court, Slacks Creek Qld 4127
Courses are delivered at a number of locations throughout QLD. Please see the course calendar for the location of the course on your chosen date.
Warp Training Australia conduct public and private Truck Mounted Attenuator courses on a regular basis.
Please see our Course Calendar for scheduled courses or call us at 1300 019 304.
If there are no courses available on the course calendar or if the dates available are not suitable, please call 1300 019 304 for additional dates.
$650 per person*
Payment plans are available for this course. Get in touch to find out how!
*TMA course prices may vary at different locations or on weekends / public holidays. See the course calendar for the current price for your chosen course.
Class times may vary slightly based on the location of your course. Times will be confirmed within your booking confirmation.
Students are asked to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled course start time, late attendees may be rejected from the course.
On the day of your course
Students are required to wear appropriate safety clothing to conduct the practical component of the training course.
- Safety boots (steel caps)
- Long pants
- Hi-Vis shirt (if you do not have one WTA will lend you a Hi-Vis vest on the day)
- Wet Weather clothing when appropriate
- Safety gloves (if you do not have gloves WTA will lend you gloves on the day)
WTA requires that you bring an original copy of your:
- Current Heavy Vehicle Drivers Licence
- Construction Safety Awareness (Blue / White) Card
- TMI Accreditation Card
- A valid Unique student identifier (USI)
How to enrol
Please click here to view and read our Student Handbook.
To secure your spot in any of our courses, you are required to book online and complete payment for the course.
Once you have booked into the course, we will send you an email to confirm your booking and request any additional information required prior to course commencement.
Once all required information has been confirmed by out team, you will receive an email confirmation with all of the details for the course.