The Basic Worksite Traffic Management & Traffic Control (BWTM & TC) course provides students with the theory and practical knowledge to install and maintain traffic management signs and devices at worksites and events, as well as conduct on-site manual traffic control using a Stop-Slow bat. The BWTM and TC Course is the industry standard course required to work for a traffic management company in W.A.
This course includes mandatory practical training and assessments.
Successful students will receive their MRWA Accreditation Card on completion of the course
Upon successful completion, students will be issued with a Main Roads Western Australia Accreditation card and certificate for Basic Worksite Traffic Management and Traffic Control, along with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for the following units:
- RIIWHS201E Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIICOM201E Communicate in the workplace
- RIIWHS302E Implement traffic management plans
- RIIWHS205E Control traffic with stop-slow bat
Main Roads WA accreditation is valid for 3 years.
Warp Training Australia conduct courses in Basic Worksite Traffic Management & Traffic Control (BWTM & TC) every week.
Please see our Course Calendar or call us at 1300 019 304.
Extra courses may be scheduled due to demand.
WTA also cater to companies or groups wanting to conduct a private training course, either at your suitable training venue or at our training premises.
Class times may vary slightly based on the location of your course. Times will be confirmed within your booking confirmation.
Welshpool 8:00am – 4:00pm
Students are asked to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled course start time, late attendees may be rejected from the course.
$650.00 p/p (includes MRWA Accreditation)
The Construction Training Fund (CTF) provides a subsidy of $455.00 for eligible students.
The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of the training for eligible workers.
Enquire now for EARLY BIRD SPECIALS, a quote and/or group booking rates or call 1300 019 304
WTA Head Office: Level 1/310 Treasure Rd, North Welshpool WA
All course participants must:
- Hold a WorkSafe Construction Safety Awareness (Blue/White) Training Card
- Currently hold or have held a valid drivers license recognised by Department of Transport W.A. (We accept those who are currently on P-Plates. L-Plates are not accepted without MRWA approval)
- Have basic English language literacy and numeracy skills
- Provide a valid Unique student identifier (USI) [Create a USI Here]
- For the practical day on day 3, you may be asked to drive to sites less than 5km from WTA building.
Students are required to wear appropriate safety clothing to conduct the practical component of the training course. This includes:
- Safety boots (steel caps)
- Long pants
- Long Sleeve Hi-Vis shirt – AS4602.1 Compliant (if you do not have one WTA will lend you a Hi-Vis vest on the day)
- Safety gloves are provided by WTA
To establish your identity WTA requires that you bring to all courses:
- Photo ID
- Construction Safety Awareness (Blue / White) Card
- A valid Unique student identifier (USI)
Tea, Coffee and morning tea will be provided. There will be a fridge available to keep your lunch cold and a microwave to heat up. There are also multiple fast food stores close to the premises.
How to enrol
Click here to view our Student Handbook.
To secure your spot in any of our courses, you are required to book online and complete payment for the course. Once this is received, your spot in the course will be confirmed and you will receive a booking confirmation.