eLearning Basic Worksite Traffic Management & Traffic Control (BWTM & TC)
Traffic Management, WA Courses
The Basic Worksite Traffic Management & Traffic Control (BWTM & TC) course provides students with the theory and practical knowledge to install and maintain traffic management signs and devices at worksites and events, as well as conduct on-site manual traffic control using a Stop-Slow bat. The BWTM and TC Course is the industry standard course required to work for a traffic management company in W.A.
This course includes mandatory practical training and assessments.
Successful students will receive their MRWA Accreditation Card on completion of the course
MRWA have approved delivery of MRWA Accreditation’s via eLearning in order to help reduce face to face contact and reduce the spread of the virus.
eLearning: The theory component of this course will be delivered online through a Virtual Classroom. Training will be delivered via live two way Zoom Video Communications and theory assessments will be completed and submitted directly through the eLearning portal throughout the course. This Virtual Classroom allows participants to attend the course in the safety and comfort of their homes whilst maintaining the engagement provided by having a trainer delivering the course and answering questions in real time.
The practical component of this course will remain face to face. Course numbers have been restricted in order to allow for social distancing.
You will need to have a computer available for the full duration of this course with internet, webcam and audio functionality. You will also need to have access to Microsoft office and a PDF Viewer in order to complete the written assessments. WTA recommend (it is NOT a requirement) that you have two screens available as this will enhance your learning experience.
Upon successful completion, students will be issued with a Main Roads Western Australia Accreditation card and certificate for Basic Worksite Traffic Management and Traffic Control, along with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for the following units:
- RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace
- RIIWHS302D Implement traffic management plan
- RIIWHS205D Control traffic with stop-slow bat
Main Roads WA accreditation is valid for 3 years.
Warp Training Australia conducts courses in Basic Worksite Traffic Management & Traffic Control (BWTM & TC) each Monday and Tuesday (theory only) and Wednesday (practical) except public holidays.
Extra courses may be scheduled due to demand.
WTA also cater to companies or groups wanting to conduct a private training course, either at your suitable training venue or at our training premises.
8:00am – 4:00pm
Students are asked to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled course start time, late attendees may be rejected from the course.
$650.00 p/p (includes MRWA Accreditation)
The Construction Training Fund (CTF) provides a subsidy of $455.00 for eligible students.
The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of the training for eligible workers.
Enquire now for a quote and/or group booking rates or call 1300 019 304
Practical: WTA Head Office: 122 Grandstand Road, Ascot W.A. 6104
All course participants must:
- Hold a WorkSafe Construction Safety Awareness (Blue/White) Training Card
- Currently hold or have held a valid drivers license recognised by Department of Transport W.A. (We accept those who are currently on P-Plates. L-Plates are not accepted without MRWA approval)
- Have basic English language literacy and numeracy skills
- Provide a valid Unique student identifier (USI) (If you do not have a USI please head to www.usi.gov.au and create one in a few short steps)
- For the practical day on day 3, you may be asked to drive to sites less than 5km from WTA building.
Students are required to wear appropriate safety clothing to conduct the practical component of the training course. This includes:
- Safety boots (steel caps)
- Long pants
- Hi-Vis shirt (if you do not have one WTA will lend you a Hi-Vis vest on the day)
- Safety gloves are provided by WTA
To establish your identity WTA requires that you bring to all courses:
- Photo ID
- Construction Safety Awareness (Blue / White) Card
- A valid Unique student identifier (USI)
How to enrol
To secure your spot in any of our courses, you are required to enrol online and complete payment for the course. Once this is received, your spot in the course will be confirmed and you will receive a booking confirmation.
Click here to view our Student Handbook.