eLearning Worksite Traffic Management (WTM) Refresher (Main Roads WA)
Traffic Management, WA Courses
The MRWA Worksite Traffic Management (WTM) refresher course is designed to keep you up to date with our ever-changing industry. This course provides participants with an update of any changes in the industry over the last 3 years including changes to the MRWA Code of Practice and new Austroads Guide to Temporary Traffic Management.
This is a suitable course for people who currently hold a WTM accreditation that is due to expire or someone who has an expired WTM accreditation that expired no longer that 3 months before the commencement of the course. This course has been designed to be very hands on and practical oriented in so that you can gain additional skills and knowledge with the understanding of how to apply this all in the real world.
eLearning: This course will be delivered online through a Virtual Classroom. Training will be delivered via live two way Zoom Video Communications and theory assessments will be completed and submitted directly through the eLearning portal throughout the course. This Virtual Classroom allows participants to attend the course in the safety and comfort of their homes whilst maintaining the engagement provided by having a trainer delivering the course and answering questions in real time.
MRWA have approved delivery of MRWA Accreditation’s via eLearning in order to help reduce face to face contact and reduce the spread of the virus.
You will need to have a computer available for the full duration of this course with internet, webcam and audio functionality. You will also need to have access to Microsoft office and a PDF Viewer in order to complete the written assessments. WTA recommend that you have two screens available as this will enhance your learning experience.
Upon successful completion, students will be issued with a Main Roads Western Australia Accreditation card and certificate for Worksite Traffic Management.
Main Roads WA accreditation is valid for 3 years.
Please see our Course Calendar or call us at 1300 019 304.
Extra courses may be scheduled due to demand.
8:00am – 4:00pm
Students are asked to join at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled course start time, late attendees may be rejected from the course.
$450.00 p/p (includes MRWA Accreditation)
All course participants must provide:
- Evidence of holding or having held a MRWA Accreditation in Worksite Traffic Management (WTM)
- At least one (1) authorised Traffic Management Plan that was implemented, either from the MRWA template document or equilivant, with Traffic Guidance Schemes they ammended
- The above mentioned TMP shall include the risk assessment they conducted and daily diary
- The above mentioned TMP shall include multiple Traffic Guidance Schemes and speed reductions
- A copy of an onsite inspection of a roadwork or event traffic management site you have completed
- Where the primary role of the applicant that is seeking their WTM re-accreditation is limited to:
- Reviewing, recommending and/or authorising TMP’s; or
- Conducting site compliance inspections and modifying the TMP
- The applicant may submit a copy of a TMP that they have reviewed, approved or conducted a site compliance inspection for, together with their review comments, for assessment.
- All evidence shall have been within the last 12 months of seeking their MRWA traffic Management re-accreditation
- Have a high level of English language literacy and numeracy skills
- Provide a valid Unique student identifier (USI) (If you do not have a USI please head to www.usi.gov.au and create one in a few short steps)
- Hold a WorkSafe Construction Safety Awareness (Blue/White) Training Card
To establish your identity WTA requires that you bring to all courses:
- Photo ID
- Construction Safety Awareness (Blue / White) Card
- A valid Unique student identifier (USI)
How to enrol
To secure your spot in any of our courses, you are required to enrol online and complete payment for the course. Once this is received, your spot in the course will be confirmed and you will receive a booking confirmation.
Click here to view our Student Handbook.