eLearning Basic Worksite Traffic Management & Traffic Control (BWTM & TC) Refresher
Traffic Management, WA Courses
Main Roads Western Australia stipulates that all traffic management accreditations are to be renewed every 3 years. WTA’s BWTM & TC Refresher course has been designed to update the participants’ knowledge and skills to install and maintain traffic management signs and devices at worksites and events, as well as manually control traffic with a stop/slow bat.
Upon successful completion, students will be issued with a Main Roads Western Australia Accreditation card and certificate.
Main Roads WA accreditation is valid for 3 years.
MRWA have approved delivery of MRWA Accreditation’s via eLearning in order to help reduce face to face contact and reduce the spread of the virus.
eLearning: The theory component of this course will be delivered online through a Virtual Classroom. Training will be delivered via live two way Zoom Video Communications and theory assessments will be completed and submitted directly through the eLearning portal throughout the course. This Virtual Classroom allows participants to attend the course in the safety and comfort of their homes whilst maintaining the engagement provided by having a trainer delivering the course and answering questions in real time.
The practical component of this course will remain face to face. Course numbers have been restricted in order to allow for social distancing.
You will need to have a computer available for the full duration of this course with internet, webcam and audio functionality. You will also need to have access to Microsoft office and a PDF Viewer in order to complete the written assessments. WTA recommend (it is NOT a requirement) that you have two screens available as this will enhance your learning experience.
Extra courses scheduled upon demand.
WTA also cater to companies or groups wanting to conduct a private training course, either at your suitable training venue or at our training premises.
Theory – 7:45am – 12:00pm
Practical – Once you register for this course, WTA will contact you in order to schedule you into one of our practical sessions.
Students are asked to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled course start time, late attendees may be rejected from the course.
$400.00 p/p (includes MRWA Accreditation)
CTF do not currently provide a subsidy for online training.
Enquire now for a quote and/or group booking rates or call 1300 019 304
Practical: WTA Head Office: 122 Grandstand Road, Ascot W.A. 6104
All course participants must:
- Hold a MRWA Accreditation in BWTM & TC that is current, or an accreditation that expires no longer than 3 months before the course completion date.
- Provide a Statement of Attainment for the following units:
- RIIWHS302D Implement traffic management plan or RIIOHS302A Implement traffic management plan
- RIIWHS205D Control traffic with stop-slow bat or RIIOHS205A Control traffic with stop-slow bat
- RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace or RIICOM201A Communicate in the workplace
- RIWHS201d Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- Hold a WorkSafe Construction Safety Awareness (Blue/White) Training Card
- Currently hold or have held a valid drivers license recognised by Department of Transport W.A.
- Have basic English language literacy and numeracy skills
- Provide a valid Unique student identifier (USI) (If you do not have a USI please head to www.usi.gov.au and create one in a few short steps)
- Have documented evidence of active engagement in the Traffic Management industry within the last 12 months. (Employer references, TMP’s, site documentation etc.) To be supplied on request.
- Fill out and submit the Pre-enrolment Evidence Form
Students are required to wear the appropriate safety clothing to conduct the practical component of the training course. This includes:
- Safety boots (steel caps)
- Long pants
- Hi-Vis shirt (if you do not have one WTA will lend you a Hi-Vis vest on the day)
- Safety gloves are provided by WTA
WTA requires that you bring the below to all traffic management courses:
- Photo ID
- Construction Safety Awareness (Blue / White) Card
- A valid Unique student identifier (USI)
How to enrol
To secure your spot in this course, you are required to enrol online and complete payment for the course. Once this is received, your spot in the course will be confirmed and you will receive a booking confirmation.
Click here to view our Student Handbook.